100 Experiments (100E) is AI Singapore’s flagship programme, set up to help companies solve their real-world business problems by building custom AI solutions consisting of machine learning and deep learning models, and end-to-end pipelines that are ready for deployment.
Our solutions cover computer vision, NLP and general ML, such as object detection for autonomous vehicles, question-answering AI for education chatbots, and fraud detection for insurance.
We are expanding our team to meet the growing demand for AI solutions and talent in the market. Since our inception in 2017, we have established a culture of respect, continuous learning, experimentation and curiosity. We highly encourage our staff to centre their work around innovation. You will join a passionate group of people who are inspired by the opportunity to work on AI problems and be part of the team to lead the growth of the sector in Singapore.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The AI Engineer plays the role of technical lead on an industry AI project, working with a team of apprentices to build the end-to-end AI solution for a client, while supported by a project manager and AI/MLOps heads.
- This role is suitable for engineers who enjoy a mix of technical development, client interaction and being the lead of a small project team.
- Assist our pre-sales consultants to scope and define AI projects based on problem statements from clients, while applying design thinking practices.
- Lead a group of 4-5 apprentices on the development of the AI solution, applying best practices in the following areas: solution design and planning, data requirements definition, exploratory data analysis, ML model training, experiment tracking, pipeline building, containerisation, deployment testing, code repository management, and technical documentation.
- Mentor and coach apprentices who are learning to develop real-world AI solutions. Lead review/planning sessions and stand-ups.
- Communicate and consult with client stakeholders throughout the development lifecycle, to ensure their requirements are translated accurately and our technical choices are bought into by them.
- Keep abreast of and test emerging ideas in the areas of MLOps, robustness, fairness, explainability and security.
- Assist to update technical training materials for AISG’s AI Apprenticeship Program, covering fundamentals in machine learning, deep learning and engineering. Be part of the team conducting the training and mentoring of batches of apprentices in their 8-week deep-skilling program.
- Support AI Singapore’s industry and community-building activities by contributing to talks, seminars, article writing, and other outreach programmes.
- Degree in a quantitative field is preferred but not mandatory.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience developing AI/ML solutions in a corporate or research setting. Solutions that have been deployed into production will be viewed favourably, especially if the candidate assisted in the integration and testing.
- Solid understanding of machine learning/deep learning fundamentals. Able to appreciate and explain the mathematical workings of common algorithms for computer vision/NLP/tabular data.
- Hands-on skills in Python-based AI/ML frameworks, specifically PyTorch,TensorFlow and scikit-learn, with a demonstrated ability to adhere to clean coding principles.
- Experience working with software development tools such as Git and Docker. Prior exposure to Linux environments and CI/CD processes is an advantage. Familiarity with MLOps toolkits for productivity, tracking and reproducibility is a bonus.
- Aptitude for data story-telling, visualisation and technical communications. Able to abstract and convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences well.
- Team player with a keen interest in mentoring and collaborative problem-solving.
- Self-learner with a strong sense of curiosity and attention to detail.
Candidates with more experience and higher qualifications will be considered for the position of Senior AI Engineer.