Calls for Proposals for Fugaku Projects
via National Supercomputing Centre Singapore
Application Period: 1 Nov 2022 1000hrs – 30 Nov 2022 2359 hrs (GMT+8)
The National Supercomputing Centre Singapore (NSCC) is opening a call for proposals to access Japan’s flagship supercomputer, Fugaku, to Singapore researchers with Singapore residency status under an agreement between NSCC and the Research Organization for Information Science and Technology of Japan (RIST).
The supercomputer Fugaku is a part of Japan’s High Performance Computing Infrastructure called HPCI. Information about Fugaku and available application and software such as numerical libraries can be found in the “List of Hardware and Software Available in FY2023 Projects”.
Details of the Call
(2) Resource information page https://www.hpci-office.jp/en/using_hpci/hardware_software_resource/2023/r-ccs_riken_2023-2
2. Eligibility & Requirement
- The Project Representative is a person who is responsible for carrying out the Project or the principal investigator or equivalent.
- The Project Representative and members of the project must belong to a Singapore entity with Singapore residency status.
- Persons belonging to private companies cannot be the Project Representative or members of the project, since this call targets projects for academic purposes
- The Project must be approved by the organization representative (or a senior manager at a similar level) of the Project Representative.
- It is prohibited to apply for the HPCI projects including Fugaku on the theme more than once except Fee-based Access Projects. The research theme shall be different.
Refer to the Project Selection Procedures (2022) for more information on the evaluation criteria.
3. Application Submission
Refer to the Proposal Preparation Instructions (2022) for detailed instructions on submitting the application.